not typical, not peculiar . . . just ordinary

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Straining credulity . . .

I just read a USA Today article concerning the guest list at the White House so far in this administration. It notes that some of the first visitors were prominent celebs and lobbyists. Nothing too surprising there. But here's what absolutely blew my mind:

"The list also includes some names that would draw attention at first glance: Michael Jordan, Michael Moore, William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. The White House was quick to note that the visitors were not actually the basketball star, the documentary filmmaker or the controversial activist and preacher — just people who share their names."

Are you kidding me? Do they really expect us to believe that it's just a coincidence that there are four people with the exact same names who happened to receive an extremely rare invitation to the White House. In my 35 years of existence, I've never known a single person who shares any of those exact names.

Please hear me out, I'm not a Fox News junkie (never watch it) or a fan of polarizing talking heads like Limbaugh or Coulter, but I've got to say to this--C'mon! Whatever happened to truth and transparency and avoiding politics as usual?

3 comments:

Sharon said...

hahahahaha...that's all I can come up with!!!

godzgaljen said...

That is crazy that they tried to play them off as different people. :)

I do love Fox News. Sean Hannity is my favorite.

Keith said...

Who cares who is invited to the White House?