not typical, not peculiar . . . just ordinary

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Emmaus Road Church Remodel Photos

Some of you have asked how the Emmaus Road Church building is coming and if I would post some new pics, so here goes.

Things are progressing well, although they've slowed a bit since I've started substitute teaching with Toledo Public Schools full time. We've finally gotten to the point where a lot of the major work is finished--a lot of the stuff you don't really see or realize how much work has gone into it. So far, between our own work and the work of volunteers, we have close to 400 hours into the building.

Today, we just started priming and painting and that's when you really begin to see things coming together. I want to mention briefly the people and churches God has used to do His work at ERC: John and Kathy from ERC, Dan from the Alliance Church, 5 work teams from Lima Community Nazarene, and 3 work teams from Bedford (MI) Nazarene. We would never have been this far without all of you.
Below are a few photos of the not-yet-finished product.


4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey Andy & Barb,
I would have loved to come help today...my niece was married today so I have been doing wedding stuff all day. Let us know the next time and hopefully we can make it over to give you a hand! It's looks wonderful!

newbeginnings said...

That is great! I can already see the works of God in your ministry. Praying for you all....

godzgaljen said...

Love to see all of this progress!! I am praying for you and your family. I cannot wait to see what all God teaches you through this journey of church planting!

Andy Lauer said...

Thanks everyone. We're excited to be a part of what God's doing here.

Jen, I forgot to mention that I met your pastor a couple of weeks ago. He's part of the church planting network I'm a part of here in NW Ohio.