not typical, not peculiar . . . just ordinary

Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Gift Not Ours

For four months now, we've been expecting our fourth child this July. However, two days ago, we miscarried the baby. Although it was very painful emotionally, we are very happy and blessed to have been able to bury the tiny, 13 week old baby on top of my dad's grave in Lima, Ohio.

Miscarriages are always hard, but for us, I think this one is even harder than the previous two which happened before we had kids, because now that we have other children, we know how precious kids are and what we're losing by losing a baby.

We chose not to name him (he was a boy) because we feel like he was never really given to us. Ultimately he's God's and God's to name, so we gave him back to God to care for and to name.

Finally, we've known God's peace through all of this. We know He cares, that He suffers as we do (probably more), and that He's with us though it all.


5 comments:

godzgaljen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am sure this is so hard for you and for your wife. God's comfort is such a blessing. I pray His grace is felt in a strong way to you both today and in the days to come.

Love- Jennifer

Emily said...

I know you're hearing this a lot but I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and Barb now and in the days to come. You are loved!

Emily

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I'm praying for God's healing in your lives. I love you all!

Lisa said...

Barb and Andy-having gone through this ourselves, we know the heartache you are experiencing right now. I am just so sorry that this has happened. We love you guys and want you to know that if there is anything you need, just say the word. We miss you guys and are praying for you.

Eric Wright said...

Andy, I am sorry. I will be praying for you and your family. A few years ago my sister lost her second child at 8 and half months of pregnancy.

Peace,
Eric