not typical, not peculiar . . . just ordinary

Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's not me

Recently I heard the pastor of a church living on the edge say this to pastors:

"Don't take credit for when the numbers are up, because if you do, you'll be tempted to take the blame when the numbers are down."

Please don't hear me falling into the numbers game, but tonight we had 24 people at Emmaus Road Church. That's 4 more than we had at Easter (20) a few weeks ago when 8 of those people were my family members--and four people who are there every other week were gone tonight. I'm blown away (but I shouldn't be) at what God's been up to since Easter this year.

What's even more exciting is that we had an awesome time of worship, prayer, and listening to God's word together followed by most of the folks coming over to our house for ice cream and cake afterward. I can see community starting to grow among those who were there, and I'm so thankful that I'm beginning to see that it's not me doing it, but God's Spirit at work bringing to fruition His kingdom right there on Central Avenue.

We've got a long way to go, I'm sure. But I wanted to thank God publicly for what I've been privileged to see Him doing tonight and this entire year.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's awesome, Andy!! I'm excited to hear how God's using you and Barb to build His kingdom! Love you guys!

Sharon said...

How true! It's not about us, is it? It's about Him! Praise God that He is continuing to bless!