not typical, not peculiar . . . just ordinary

Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

My son Oscar cried himself to sleep tonight because he starts 1st grade tomorrow. He's not scared or anything, he just doesn't like to have to do "work and stuff." I wish life were that simple.

Edie then called me to her room and said, "Dad, I'm not so sure I like school anymore because Oscar doesn't like it." Empathy through and through.

We prayed a special prayer with each of them tonight--for them, their peers, their teachers, and the staff for this school year.

They grow up too fast.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hey, at least my kids aren't the only ones who like to copycat each other...Nadine doesn't like something, Rowan isn't going to like it either! If Jourdyn says ew..that's grosss...it's like a double echo in the house!! :)